Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pandora Internet Radio

Okay, so I'm bored to tears with nothing to do, but I need to stay up late to switch to night shift for tomorrow night. What do I do?

Well, first I rate about a thousand things on Amazon.com. Bored, remember? That kills a couple of hours, especially after I look through the Alliance-Union books by C. J. Cherryh, and realize how many of them I already own.

And how many more of them I WANT.

Ahem, excuse me.

Next, I go to Netflix and tool around for a few minutes. That kills like fifteen minutes.

Then I cruise over to my friend Ranson's blog, Hobocentrism, to see if he'd written anything lately. He hadn't, the weenie. However, I saw the link to his Pandora internet radio station and clicked through to it. It's full of his eclectic mix of interests. By the way, Ranson, you completely stole the term Musical Whiplash from me. I'm mildly ticked by that one, bud.

Anywho, Ranson had pimped Pandora to me previously, and I thought it was a neat idea, even if I don't have a lot of use for it at home (my computer went kaput recently, and I'm in the midst of re-rating the 6000+ songs I had backed up, after all) and my workplace monitors our intertubes usage closely enough to discourage long-term streaming of media (alas, no marathon of Chad Vader at work).

Like I said, I have hours to kill before I can go to bed, and Aradia is snoozing like nobody's business, so I can't do any heavy housework. And since she's not feeling well (poor woman got ill after visiting her parents for Christmas ... she wears herself out on these trips and it hits her hard sometimes), I don't want to play any Rock Band (even if I did go gold on X-Box Live just to play with some friends in Richmond, Va) and run the risk of waking her with my, ahem, monkey banging.

So I take the time to put together a couple of stations on Pandora and put a little linky-thing over there in the sidebar. So, there are a couple of my Pandora stations. Enjoy.

Or, you know, whatever.

:)

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ranson said...

Who you callin' a weenie?

Anyway, I think your Voltaire post got you flagged by Blogger. I got a content warning when I surfed over.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Nah, I just turned Adult Content on. It's really annoying, so I think I'll turn it back off.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Ranson said...

Ah. That's what you get for having Goth Lolitas.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

They're not exactly MY Gothic Lolitas, now, are they?

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu