Monday, March 27, 2006

Fleeting Moments

I was on my way home from work this morning, driving north on the interstate, when something caught my eye in the on-coming, southbound lane. I glanced over, and it was my wife, on her way to work for the day. It was a completely unexpected moment, and it was made even nicer because the light was just right for me to see that she was looking at me, too.

It got me to thinking, not just about how much I love my wife, but how much I enjoy spending time with her. That fleeting moment of connection across three lanes of interstate traffic is all I will have of her until this evening. I spent the night working while she was sleeping, and I'll sleep while she works today. But that moment was enough to make my day a little brighter.

At the risk of taking the mush over the top, I have to say that we should all look for the fleeting moments, and treasure them. They're worth more than we think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu