Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Classmates.com Craziness

I'm signed up with Classmates.com, although I'm not a paying member. That's why I'm kinda frustrated. In the last couple of months, two old girlfriends have tried to get in touch with me through Classmates, and I'm torn.

Looked at from one perspective, I don't really need to be getting in touch with my Exes. That's the past, and my beautiful wife is the present and the future. It doesn't help any that one of these women is related to another ex-girlfriend of mine (yes, I tended to "keep it in the family"....it was southern WV, there are only like ten families in the whole county) that my wife absolutely despises.

Looked at from another perspective, I remained friends with most of 'em long after I broke it off with 'em, so maybe they're justified in trying to look me up. I dunno. I admit to a certain morbid fascination, considering most of my youthful girlfriends turned out to be serious psychos.

This is just more of my dithering, I guess. It doesn't help any that I don't like the idea of paying Classmates.com. Sure they're cheap, but it rankles for some reason.

So, anyone got a suggestion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu