Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Casual Atheism

I love it when I see casual atheism. By casual atheism, I mean someone just mentions it in the course of a discussion, not making a big deal out of it, and goes on to make their point.

Here's a fantastic case in point.

Like other atheists, I can see some of the rookie mistakes in the "world building" God has done, by which I mean Jehovah, with his cryptozoological fascinations, underutilized themes, flat protagonists, and the prevalence of barbarism...


This is Tycho of Penny Arcade fame. He's quite the wordsmith most days, but occasionally he says something that just blows me away. And yes, I realize the above quote is not all that "casual", but follow the link and read the whole post. You'll get a better feel for what I mean.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ranson said...

I saw that yesterday. He's not exactly made it a secret in the past, given that they've commented on his and Gabe's disagreements on the matter, but it's always good to see someone in the culture just drop the term without worrying what it will mean to their market share.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu