Sunday, August 20, 2006

Carnival Of The Godless #47




Welcome to the Carnival Of The Godless restaurant. We pride ourselves on being able to satisfy any godless taste, any taste at all. Remember, though, we're a self-service restaurant, so once I go over the menu with you, you'll be on your own.

We have both written and audio testimonials, to get us started. The Allen Almanac’s Why I Am No Longer A Christian is probably the best written testimonial you’ll see all week. Uncredible Hallq’s Bobcasting podcast is a great listen, especially for the godless on the go!

If you prefer the psychological, then give The Greenbelt a try. Cognitive Dissonance? Try Cognitive Cacophony! is fantastic tonight, I can assure you. Check Your Premises also brings cognitive dissonance to the table with Belief Is Not A Terminus. It is divine, I assure you! Philosophy, etc. combines zombies and conciousness in a zesty dish he calles The Problem Of Other Minds. Of course, varkam of the Neural Gourmet never disappoints with his own scary entry: The Not So Friendly Ghost.

We have quite a few philosophy dishes on the menu, without a doubt. You could start off with one of the odder dishes, StevePalina.com’s The Law Of Attraction. I don’t find it to my taste, to be honest, but some may enjoy it. Debunking Christianity’s God Who Is Not is more standard fair, but filling and enjoyable, nonetheless. Wad's Place makes a mean God Thing, too. Then there’s the Revolvo Inritus House Special: Faith In A Godless World. I’ll leave it up to you to decide on that one. Restrospectacle likes to think she can make you scream “Hallelujah! I've Found Religion!” after her pasta dish. I just say, “Ramen.” But for my money, I’d have to go with Christian Nihilism. After all, 10,000 Reasons To Doubt The Fish can’t be wrong.

After all that heavy stuff, you’ll probably want a little palate cleanser. Might I suggest either Paul's Tips about Seven Rules For Sharpening Your Thinking Skills or See You At Enceladus’ little dish called Everybody Loves UNICEF.

Of course, for the truly scholarly main course, we have several good entries, including two different attempts to define the same word: Atheist Revolution’s Reclaiming 'Atheism' For The Atheists and the Atheist Ethicist’s The Meaning of 'Atheist'. Personally, I prefer the latter, but everyone’s palate is different, I suppose. If you’d like a little bit of everything, try DXArticle.com’s In Search Of God. So many gods. So many types of worship. It’s got something for almost everyone! And if you’d like a deconstructionist’s slant on what a scholarly dinner should be, try Goosing The Antithesis’ Christian Virtues - What Are They?
Finally, yf you want something a little smaller, but no less snappy, try Salto Sobrius’ famous Naive Bible Skepticism.


For dessert, we have three options. For the kids, we have a gamer’s perspective from Hell's Handmaiden. She talks about why some are Up In Virtual Arms over Christian video games. Lisa of Lemons And Lollipops gives us a quick Chuckle At Camp. And my new friend King Aardvark's Kick In The Nuts will leave you with a smile on your face with his sinfully exquisite Thou Shalt Not Golf.

Well, that’s the whole menu. Bon appetite!

6 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Great carnival! Thanks for including the post from my site. I've just got to point out though that Neural Gourmet is a group blog and that post was written by varkam, who is a much better writer than I am.

7:45 PM  
Blogger The Ridger, FCD said...

Nice job! Thanks for including my (late) submission. This week marks my first visit here, but I'll be back - you're a lovely writer.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Apologies to varkam. This was actually the second version of this post, since Blogger ate my first one. I had to put it together very quickly. So, any mistakes or omissions are purely mine, but completely Blogger's fault. :)

9:00 PM  
Blogger L said...

Blaming Blogger is always acceptable. ;-)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Thanks for the link, but I am most decidedly a woman! :) http://www.scienceblogs.com/retrospectacle

9:52 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Alrighty, those goofs are fixed. Next? :)

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu