Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Toluca County Friends

Below you will find a reproduction of an email exchange I recently had with a friend of mine from high school. We went to high school in West Virginia, but sadly, not Toluca County. Although McDowell county is kind of creepy at times. Anywho, here's the exchange. See if you can spot why she's my friend...

From: Kali, Destroyer Of Worlds
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:01 PM
To: Coralius
Subject: how very odd . . .

In looking up some info about Silent Hill, I found the link

you (I assume) started on Blogger. How neat!


From: Coralius
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006, 11:49 AM
To: Kali, Destroyer Of Worlds

Yup, that's one of my websites. I get about thirty hits a day on that
article. It's really bizarre. I share that site with a couple of
friends. It's our "geekness" site. I have a personal site, as well.
It's here:
http://coralius.blogspot.com/

You'll probably find it more interesting, considering your
proclivities.


From: Kali, Destroyer Of Worlds
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:50 AM
To: Coralius
Subject: Re: how very odd . . .

Is it about Mexican zydeco radio stations and hedgehog recipes?


Gotta love it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Ranson said...

I think you just put Toluca in the title to get more traffic, like we get on the other blog.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Ranson said...

I am confirmed. A google of "Toluca county" puts this post in third place.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Coralius said...

No, I put this post up so that I could share the phrase "Mexican zydeco radio stations and hedgehog recipes" with the world. I think it deserves to be spread far and wide.

Beside, if you google "Toluca County, WV", then the Eight Geeks article is number 2, so nyeh!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ranson said...

Then why didn't you title it that, huh? Why, damn you!

Sorry. Bored and being forced to attend a 401(k) meeting this afternoon two hours after I normally leave. All so I can find out that (a)I'm vested; (b) the company will match 50% up to the first 6%; and (c) if I want to change anything, I have to go online.

I don't need a meeting to tell me this. I listened at the last freaking meeting. [/rant]

Zydeco, yeah, that's the ticket.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little google-mining. Phil Plait can do it by mentioning Playboy bunnies, I can do it by mentioning Silent Hill.

:)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Ranson said...

There! You did it again!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Did what?!?!?

Geez. You'd think a few comments about Silent Hill and Playboy bunnies wouldn't upset a guy so much....

:) Muha :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ranson said...

DAMMIT!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Coralius said...

I say again:

:) Muha :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu