Friday, April 21, 2006

Arguments With Old Friends

An old friend contacted Aradia on MySpace the other day. When I looked over his profile, he didn't seem to have changed much. Heck, he pretty much looked the same as he had when he was in my wedding. But then I started looking through his blog entries.

He had gone totally fundy on me. I was shocked. I mean, I was religious in school, but never this nuts. And he and I have always been on opposite sides of the political fence on social issues. But heck, he was in my wedding. He hung around with a gay guy in college! He was a hard-drinking frat boy who chased tail just like the rest of us. He even saved my life one Halloween during the great Rocky Horror Picture Show/Redneck Bar fiasco. Surely he wasn't as bug-fuck crazy as his blog entries seemed. Or so I thought.

Alas, his fundy roots have apparently taken hold and he's ranting about liberal this and evolution that. So, I was left with no recourse.

I picked a fight.

So his blog entries should be seeing some wacky fun times ahead. I'll keep you all posted as to the fun and funny things we say to each other. I'm actually looking forward to this. Gunner was always a good one for an argument or eight.

This is going to be fun.

____________________________________
Edit: Removed link to Gunner's Blog. I was informed it might get him into hot water, so I removed it. Guess you'll just have to check in from time to time here to see what's up. Darn. More site traffic for me. Oh well. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu