Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sitemeters

As I've said before, I have a site meter on RI. It's run through Sitemeter.com, and they have a lot of nifty tools. Without paying a dime, I can learn a lot about the traffic that rolls through my site. Mostly, I get nifty lists, like this one:

Charlotte, North Carolina
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Charlotte, North Carolina
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Franconia, Pennsylvania
Durham, North Carolina
Ashburn, Virginia
Charlotte, North Carolina
Edmonton, Alberta
Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Charlotte, North Carolina
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Kent, Ohio
Oswego, New York
Charlotte, North Carolina
Durham, North Carolina
Trenton, New Jersey
Charlotte, North Carolina

This is a list of the locations of the last twenty hits on my site. Combined with other information available to me, I can tell all kinds of nifty things about my traffic. So, I know with pretty decent accuracy when a few people of my acquaintance are visiting my site, and I must say, I'm upset that they aren't leaving any comments.

If you look at that list, it's pretty obvious that I'm getting some repeat traffic there, so I gotta wonder, if my site is so interesting, where's the comment love?!? Come on, folks. Lemme know you're out there. Don't make me have to go all "Big Brother Is Watching" on ya.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bora Zivkovic said...

Depending on the type of blog, popularity of the blog, ease of commenting (e.g, registration, captchas etc.) approximately 1-5% of visitors leave comments. Thus, one usually gets one comment per 100 hits and no amount of threatening or bribing will ever change that.

3:36 AM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Thanks for the info, Coturnix. I had never seen those stats before.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Ranson said...

If I want to comment, I'll just come over to your house and punch you.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find your incoherent socio-political rambling ineffectual and boring. You smell like old cheese. How's that? Boy, you're a whiner.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ranson said...

Y'know, we really need to get my wife an account . . .

1:34 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

That's more like it! Hehe.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu