Monday, May 02, 2011

Carrot Wine, Day Three

Okay, so I checked the wine this morning, and there was no more froth. I figured that it had gotten too cold last night and suppressed the fermentation. So I bumped the thermostat a bit, and Aradia called me at work later to tell me that it was hissing like Alka Seltzer. It was still doing that when I got home. Don't know if that's normal, especially for a vegetable wine. We'll see.

Oh, btw, the house currently smells like oranges and grass. It's ... not ... unpleasant. But it is a little odd. "Make wine, it will be fun!" Aradia's brother said. At this point, I just hope it's potable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu