Saturday, April 18, 2009

I Blame Obama

Okay, not really. In fact, this result has come about for the same reason Obama took North Carolina in the last election. A slim majority of sensible people is still a majority.

My least favorite quote from the article? It has to be this one:

"The abstinence-until-marriage program's objective is to reduce sexual activity in the adolescent population," said Rep. Mark Hilton, R-Catawba. "The comprehensive safe-sex program's objective is to reduce the risk of pregnancy and STDs."

And my favorite? This one from Rep. Bill Faison, D-Orange is great!

"I've got a 42-year-old son. I love him. But the reason I've got a 42-year-old son is that abstinence-only doesn't work," Faison said, followed by laughter from his colleagues. "Folks, we just need to be practical and help our kids out."

It's a balm to my heart to know that there are some reasonable people in state government for a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu