Friday, September 05, 2008

GOP means "Grand Old Party"

Recently, I've started dropping by John Scalzi's Whatever blog. He's one of my all-time favorite authors for a plethora of reasons. Anywho, that link up there is a good collection of salient points about Sarah Palin and the GOP in general. What struck me while reading it is that no one, and I mean NO ONE, is actually using the full GOP name anymore and I don't know why not.

Think about it. The Republicans wallow in being the GOP. Everyone knows it refers to them. And they have a 72 year old presidential candidate. Why not start saying "Grand Old Party" again. It doesn't take that much longer to type, or say. And as I commented on Whatever, it would sure as hell drive home the 'McCain is a geezer' message.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu