Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Personnel Stuff

Let me preface this by saying that we have a mighty fine lineup of analysts in the laboratory where I work right now. We're all human, with our own quirks and idiosyncracies, but all-in-all, it's probably the best lineup I've seen in a long while. But, that being said, we lost a really good analyst last week. We'll call her Ash.

Now, this isn't really a surprise, since we all knew she'd be leaving eventually. She was getting married, and would be moving, so we knew we only had her for a short time. But she found a job a bit earlier than I, personally, expected, and before you could say whoopsiedaisy, bam! She was gone.

This is going to cause quite a shakeup, all things considered. I'm losing my partner and fellow email-funnies conspirator, known here as Thug Girl. I'll be getting one of the newbies hired to replace our wayward analyst.

Yup, that's right. I get to break in fresh meat. Again. It's getting to be a habit in the laboratory. I get to rake the newbs over the coals. I guess management figures that if they hang around after working with me for a while, they can take whatever anyone else has to dish out.

I know absolutely nothing about this newb, so I'll be starting blind, much like I did with C lo, all those many year ago. It worked out okay with him, I suppose. I got a great friend out of the deal.

But, no matter how we shake things up, move 'em around and try to fill the hole that Ash's leaving made, it won't matter. She was a good analyst and great person, and while we might find someone to fill her slot in the laboratory, she can't be replaced.

We'll miss ya, Ash. Take care, and don't forget to write. Heck, you could leave comments right here, if you wanted to. Hint hint! :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't break this one, dangit! Brainwashing might work, though.

On the other hand, maybe recruitment into our cabal . . .?

5:52 PM  
Blogger Coralius said...

That's the plan. Break 'em and then recruit 'em. It almost worked with C. but he went and got married.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. They're supposed to wait for us to arrange those things.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Coralius said...

Too true. Too true.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu