Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Bush Gets Scarier And Scarier Every Day

I just saw this CNN.com article, and it has me very worried. Isn't the Patriot Act enough? Do we have to give the President, especially this idiotic one, the right to put armed troops on street corners as cops? Does the Shrub even know what the word avian means?

The military as a whole is not trained to do police work. It is trained to carry out missions. Often violent ones. John Ringo says it better than I ever can, and he's retired military and sharp as a tack to boot, so I'll take his word for it.

When is America going to wake up? When will we finally realize that this administration has perpetuated a slow erosion of our rights and freedoms in this country? I can understand a Republican President who takes a whack at the overtime rules. I really can. I don't agree with him, but I can understand him. That's what Republicans, as a rule, do. They try to strengthen corporate America. And, to a point, that's okay. Corporate America needs to be strengthened. It needs its own proponents. Democrats try to take care of the little guy. The little guy needs his own proponents, as well. It's a balancing act. We decide as a country how to balance those things by voting for one side or the other.

But this administration, along with the responsible yahoos....I mean, parties....in Congress, has done more to yank rights out from under the American people than any in my living memory. I have always known that we were never as free as the propaganda would have us believe. Our rights end far shorter than most people realize as it is. But good grief, folks, WAKE UP! We have this administration for another three years, and looking at his civil liberties record, by the time his term's up, he'll have the power to see to it that his term isn't up.

The Patriot Act allows wiretaps which the FBI admits to bungling on a regular basis. It also allows the authorities to snag-and-bag you without access to counsel. Indefinitely. In other words, the Patriot Act allows the government to "disappear" you! Think about that. Now add in armed forces acting as police forces under exclusive federal control. I hate to make uncalled-for allusions, especially this one, but visions of the Gestapo keep goosestepping through my head.

Bush is scaring me more and more every day. How can you be the President and not READ THE PAPER?!? He is so cut off from the world around him. I don't think he even cares about normal people anymore, if he ever did. I think he's been at such rarified levels of power for so long that he's completely out of his mind due to lack of "common sense"-ygen. I don't understand how Christopher Hitchens can still support this idiot. He's loony-tunes. Crazy. Crackers. Not playing with a full deck. Hell, I don't even think he plays cards anymore.

He has to be either insane or stupid. Because the only other explanation for his actions is that he's a cold, calculating sonofabitch who is intentionally eroding the rights and freedoms of the citizens of the United States of America. That's criminal, at best. But I can think of a better word for it.

Can you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dictator

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu