Friday, September 02, 2005

In Case You Hadn't Noticed, I'm A Little Upset

This says it all far better than I ever could.

http://pharyngula.org/index/weblog/comments/drowning_new_orleans/

I am so disgusted by what's going on in New Orleans. I know it doesn't take much to turn people into animals, and frankly, I can't blame them. The pressure those people are under is so extreme, not mention unheard of in the U.S., that what's happening is almost inevitable.

However, every scientist that ever took a look at the situation knew that this would happen some day. Every person with half a brain could figure out what the consequences would be.

And oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth! The nincomBush in Washington has angered me beyond words! But James Randi comes close to expressing how I feel. At least he starts to do so. I could rail on for a few more hours, to be honest.

See what Randi has to say here:

http://www.randi.org/jr/200509/090205alley.html#2

It never ceases to amaze me that God in His/Her/It's Infinite/Finite/Nonexistant Wisdom/Knowledge/Instinct "spares" something or someone at the expense of someone else. Think back to the December 26 tsunami. Star Jones, the big idiot, was ever so smugly talking about how "God blesses" because she had been in the region not a month before. Apparently Star Jones is one of God's little deity's pets. (You know, like teacher's pets, only infinitely more annoying.) Well, Miss Star got out ahead of the tsunami, so it only killed 160,000 other people!

And now this fiasco in Louisiana and Mississippi. Oooohhhhh, I am so angry at Bush and his ilk that I can't even begin to express myself accurately. I have held off for a couple of days, trying to calm down, and I just can't. I am nearly inarticulate over this. My wife keeps trying to calm me down, and it just doesn't get any better.

It's bad enough that this disaster has struck the Gulf Sates. It's worse that Bush gutted FEMA a while back. It's worse still that most of Louisiana's and Mississippi's National Guard units are in Iraq. But the straw that's breaking this camel's back is that the Shrub is using his patented, "Aw, shucks, I'm just a God-fearing, good ol' boy, dumb fuck everyman" routine to cover the fact that he has NO CLUE about how to handle this.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only problem with the people who voted for Bush getting what they deserve is that I'm gonna have to get it too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never broke a chain or freed a human soul..." -- Mark Twain

____________

Fire does not wait for the sun to be hot,

Nor the wind for the moon, to be cool.

-- the Zenrin Kushu